Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Grizzly G1029Z 2 HP Dust Collector w/2.5 Micron Bag

 Micron_Bag.jpg

I have this collector WITHOUT the 2.5 micron bag, just double 30 micron bags. It is quite the sucking machine. I actually have it attached to a duct work system and it frequently sees 2 machines at once, and occasionally 3 machines. I also have a floor sweep outlet and it works well to pick up pretty heavy material. I have found that when connected to a table saw OR a 15" planer, and your choice of 2 other tools selecting from a radial arm saw, band saw, mitre saw, belt/drum sander, or other hand tools, it will collect the vast majority of collectable dust with everything in use. Of course, the fewer tools in operation the better. Most of material I work with is MDF, so I generate a lot of dust. I have been generally pleased with this machine, but I am glad I did not go for the finer filtration bags based on other comments. The 30 micron bags do a good job, but there is some fine dust that passes. I don't notice any dust problems when working with real wood however. I'm looking at building an outdoor enclosure to eliminate all dust and noise.

Artikel Terkait



0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Widget By Devils Workshop

Label Cloud